IS MICROBLADING FOR YOU?
Microblading has blown up in the past few years and for good reasons. Who doesn’t want to have perfect brows?
Here is what you need to know before you jump on this beauty band wagon!
One of the most important factors for microblading is your SKIN. Not everyone will yield the same results as everyone is made differently.
Key factors to understand if your skin is right to be tattooed is; your age, skin condition and your lifestyle. Your results is heavily reliant on your skin being in healthy condition. If you have any pre-exisiting skin conditions, it is important that you take a moment to go through this list prior to booking an appointment.
- Keratosis pilaris
- Dermatitis (won’t hold pigment well due to all the shedding and irritation of the skin)
Conditions above are in constant state of shedding, itchiness which will cause skin not to hold the pigment well
- Chronic acne (working area must be clear of acne)
- Rosacea (easy bleeding, may not retain color well/may need more then 2 sessions)
- Excessively oily skin or large pores around the T-Zone (cause hair strokes to blur together) (shading is recommended)
- Deep wrinkles or strong muscle mimic (creates an even appearance to the brows)
- Moles, raised skin, birthmarks and piercing will not be able to retain color (we do not tattoo over such area but the procedure can still be preformed)
Conditions above will cause unfavorable results; however it can be done through multiple sessions or a different style of treatment
Are you a redhead?
Red heads are one of my favorites to do; however they have very thin, translucent skin which is hypersensitive hence; they feel more pain then the average person. Anesthetic is absorbed quickly in and out of the system which makes the microblading process not as comfortable as they may like. The procedure is still very tolerable but please keep in mind that red heads in general just feel more pain then the average person.
Brow hair transplant?
A commonly unknown fact is that scar tissue will form within the eyebrow transplant site. If you have had a hair transplant for your eyebrows, microblading is not a suitable procedure for you.
Thin Skin – Bleeds very easily and won’t retain color well
Previous Permanent Makeup – If your tattoo is obvious and very dark, you may want to consider a tattoo removal solution. It is always a challenge to correct other artists work. Prior to booking, it is always best to contact us to see if we are able to work on the existing tattoo.
Are you on any of these medications?
- Accutane/Retin-A – Individuals who have been taking acne medications such as Accutane or Retin-A within the last year have an altered skin condition that will not heal well after the procedure. It’s very important that you wait a year before tattooing the skin.
- Retinol and Vitamin A users should discontinue the use of each a month prior to their procedure
- Anticoagulants or blood thinners (Warfarin, aspirin and Plavix) (causes extreme bleeding) Microblading cannot be preformed
- Eyelash and eyebrow growth serum (cause the skin to be hypersensitive and bleeds easily) Must stop for at least 3 months before procedure
If you have an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, or frontal fibrosing alopecia, you will be not a good candidate for Microblading due to your compromised skin health caused by these disorders.
Cancer patients who are going through chemo is not recommended for any type of tattoo procedure. Please seek advice from your doctor and have clear written consent if he/she has cleared you to have the procedure done.
If you are pregnant, nursing, have hemophilia, a heart condition, it is absolutely not recommended that you get any form of permanent makeup done.
Think your ready to take the leap into the permanent makeup world? It is very important for you to understand that results vary from person to person based on the skin and current state its in. We can never guarantee our work so you must adjust your expectations based on your situation. Like any procedure such as eye lifts, botox, breast enhancement etc. there are always risk associated with these and microblading is no different. If you have none of the above and ready to take the plundge; click the book online button above.
Microblading not for you? Don’t worry, we offer other styles of brow design. Contact us for consultation today!
Thanks Kim for an amazing eyebrows. It’s saving my time in the morning rush. I’m highly recommended to anyone who wants a perfect eyebrows go to Kim of Inkspiration Beauty Bar!
Love love love my brows! Kim is amazing l would def recommend anyone looking for a micro blading artist. Love!
Kim is absolutely amazing!! I had a previous eyebrow tattoo done 5+ years ago in Kelowna that was so awful, from day one I penciled over it. But Kim fixed it with multiple sessions. So worth it I would go to her a million times over! Lover her and her work!
Questions? Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Prefer to give us a call or send an email? No problem.
Tel: (778) 822-5255
Address: 9503 120 St. Delta, BC, Canada V4C 6S3